A Tale of Skyrim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Following the adventures of the heroes, villains, and creatures of Skyrim.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When Love Turns Sour

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lace
Admin
Lace

When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 3:41 pm

"I am so not having this conversation with you," Aerina said. "Ew. Vilkas. No. Can we please just focus on the priest in that inn over there? Yes?" It was hard not to look up at the castle. She could tell that security on the castle had been upped. She wondered how her mother and Theo were doing. And how Thorn was.

Thorn was not great. She was sitting in front of the mirror in her room. She stared at her reflection. It stared right back. It gave her nothing. She frowned and it frowned right back out her. Finally she had enough and stood up. Her long skirts swept across the floor as she opened the window and went out onto the balcony. She sighed as she leaned against the railing. She could see the guards below and the lights of the city in the distance. They meant nothing to her. Nothing sparked a thing in her mind. No memories. Today had brought her no answers. She'd tried to escape, been caught and brought before the Jarl, her husband. She couldn't see why she had married her. Did she really love such a pretentious man?

"No, I am not surprised. I just didn't expect full memory erasure. I did not give him that much credit. He got lucky finding that artifact. Or stealing it. I think that one is more likely." Briar stepped through the portal. They were not just outside of the Dawnguard camp. He could smell the fire. And more so, the blood of his soon to be victims.

"Yes, it is," Mikki said. She shivered and rubbed her arms. "This place is so spooky. Too many ghosts and death. No wonder Thorn likes it here."
Back to top Go down
https://ataleofskyrim.forumotion.com
AthyIlyin
Admin
AthyIlyin

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 4:05 pm

"You're telling me after then," Vilkas said, like there was no moving him on the subject and there really wasn't. At all. "So what do you want to do with this guy?" He asked, curiously. Letting Aerina take the lead as his Harbringer.

Theo had managed to sneak inside the castle walls, but not into the castle. He was scaling the side of the building, glad that his clothes were now dark instead of pale, earthy colours that would be a lot more noticable. He was surprised to see Thorn as he swung over the balcony. "Thorn, my love." He said softly, hoping she would not scream.

"He did," Farkas said, but he pulled his long sword from his back. "Are you ready then?" He could tell that Briar was literally itching to kill these bastards so they could get to Thorn.

"I don't really find it spooky, perhaps I am missing something vital." Saria said, but she was often cheery when she shouldn't be. It was just who she was.
Back to top Go down
Lace
Admin
Lace

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 4:23 pm

"I don't know yet," Aerina said. "We could just scare him off. I think that would be pretty easy in a place like this. A priest of his type is not an innocent so we could kill him. But the people here might not be aware of that. So I say we take him out back, threaten him away from Thorn, and if he doesn't go through it, shove a sword through his throat and burn his body. Let the wind take away the evidence."

Thorn did not scream. She about jumped out of her skin and quickly backed away, right into one of the open doors. It was obvious that she did not recognize him. Nor did she understand why he called her his love. She was married. Her husband was obnoxious and pushy, but he was still her husband. Thorn was unsure if she should scream or not. He looked like a vampire, like she did. Like she was. "Who are you?" she demanded, edging away from the door towards the opening back into the room.

"Have your first kill," Briar said. "I'll wait to unleash my hell hounds on the bastards until you've spilled first blood." He was super excited to kill these jerks. They were just squatting there and waiting for an opening to get to his sister.

"I think it's just who you are," Mikki said. "You're always optimistic. I'm not so much like that. I could have been but then...you know, life had a way of killing that for me." But she was sweet. And that was something they had in common at least.
Back to top Go down
AthyIlyin
Admin
AthyIlyin

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 4:54 pm

Vilkas just stared at Aerina. When she was like that, it quite seriously turned him on. He did not like damsel's, obviously. He was very into strong women. "Did I tell you today I'm a lucky bastard?" He said, his appreciation obvious.

"My name is Theo, I am so sorry for what Sidd has done to you. Please, if you would allow me..." Theo said as he stepped closer, slowly, he pulled her journal from inside his jerkin. "This is yours, let me read you a small part of it." He said as he flicked through the pages, looking for quite a recent one. He cleared his throat. "It has been a week since the wedding. I have taken 50% of the responsibilities for the hold off of Nenya’s shoulders. She says that I have a real aptitude for this. Next to Siddgeir, I should certainly hope she thinks so. As I suspected, navigating the politics of Falkreath and Skyrim has been much easier than any of the vampire families I’ve had experience with.

I wish that dealing with Siddgeir was just as easy and predictable. I had thought that once he had attained me, he would have no use for me other than to parade me in front of guests. But it seems as if after the wedding he’s become even more obsessed with gaining my approval and impressing me. I would have to spend every waking hour with him if not for my dedication to the hold and my duties that come with that. I honestly don’t know what to do with his behavior. And putting off anything sexual has been quite the chore. I think I can only do it for so long. Thankfully my vampire gifts have come in handy and he is convinced that we have engaged fully in such activities.

I’m glad to have been kept so busy despite that. When I’m not busy, I’m left alone with my thoughts, and that’s a very scary thing for me lately. I know that I have done the right thing in the marriage for all the right reasons and yet I still feel awful inside when I really think about it. Not because of disgust for Siddgeir. I feel that constantly and I’m becoming immune to it. No, I’m afraid when I’m alone with my thoughts, all I can think about is Theo. Even if my dreams.

I can see the cemetery from my window and I can’t help but recall all the time we’d spent together there. I know it’s rather pointless to think of him while I’m still wed. He’s been keeping his distance and I have not seen him since before the wedding. My heart aches in a very real and physical fashion. I didn’t know that something could hurt like this. Not even the knowledge of my parents identity so plagued me constantly after the initial shock and reactions.

I don’t know what I’ll do. I know Theo expects some sort of proof of my feelings given what I’ve put him through with this plot and yet…I don’t know how to provide him with that. How do you prove you feel something? It’s not as simple as giving a gift or just speaking the right words. Or maybe it really does just require the right words but I don’t know them. Mikki and Aerina have no advice, their situations being so different. I had hoped that Aerina would have something given how things went down with her and the twins but she’s been sadly less than helpful. She tries but…

There has to be a way. Some grand gesture. I’ve spent hours thinking about it but have come up with nothing that would be suitable. I can’t even be sure that by the time my marriage is officially ended, that he will still have any interest in me. Theo is a bit of a rarity in Skyrim, a man who has both a sweet and strong heart. He is so unlike most of the men that occupy this harsh land and I can’t help but think that he’d easily find someone who could appreciate that, someone perhaps better suited to him. I am not a sweet or kind person. I try a little harder to be closer to the side of good than bad as I do not want to be anything like my parents. It worries me to think that he might believe I had played with him like my mother did. Perhaps worse than her in some ways even. But I really have no desire to cause him pain.

I wish I knew what to do. I wish there was someone here that I could trust to confide in. Until Siddgeir passes, it is best that I keep a certain distance. While no one in his employ favors him, they are still loyal to him because of his title, if only that alone. I have some time before I can truly win their hearts. In the meantime, I will have to be very careful about my own."

Farkas smiled wolfishly, his sword resting across his shoulders as he walked over in a very cocky manner. "Good evening, slayers." He said as he approached them by the campfire. "I had thought, you would have brought a greater army for that which you seek. Perhaps your numbers are dwindling, or struggling to grow strong, I suspect...much like your dicks."

One of the men stood up from the campfire, knocking over a pot and causing sparks to fly. He went for his weapon, but Farkas was faster, swinging his long sword much faster than the others could even think about moving and he watched as the slayer's head rolled.

"I suppose life could have done the same with me, but I think that I was sent away from Dibella's temple so I could be with you guys as you need me more. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's a very nice thought." Saria said as she smiled at Mikki and squished her arm. "I am much happier with you than I was there." She said as she approached the house. "This...is rather large to have been built on one's own..."
Back to top Go down
Lace
Admin
Lace

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Aerina smiled. "You just did," she said and gave him a kiss. "Now come on, let's go intimidate ourselves a priest." She walked into the inn and looked around. It was night time but not everyone had retired to bed. Some people still remained, listening to the bard play his music. A man sat away from most of them. He wore a necromancer's robes and he had dark, beady eyes that took everything in.

Thorn stopped trying to escape into the room. He had given her pause. She did not know for sure that she had written those words. They sparked nothing in her mind or in her heart. But she stayed. She listened to him read something she had supposedly written. She was lost feeling even more lost than she already did. He went quiet. She was not sure if he was going to read more of her diary or not. "I don't understand," she said quietly. "That is not the story that he told me..." Could he have been lying? He wasn't attractive to her in the least but that didn't mean he was a liar.

Briar just stood back and let Farkas do his thing. He liked watched him take down men so easily. Farkas was a powerhouse. He could have taken down all those men on his own. But Briar was hungry. He was furious inside. And his evil heart wanted to cause death and destruction. So he opened another portal and let loose his hounds. They would not touch Farkas. They were well trained and fully under his control. He saved only one man from the onslaught. Only one person. And that man only lived to be his food. He died once his blood had dried up.

"Yeah...Mother's like that," Mikki said with a laugh. "I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't seduce men into doing the work for her. Or just assisting her when she got tired. But I'd also not be surprised if she did it all on her own. She's pretty awesome like that."
Back to top Go down
AthyIlyin
Admin
AthyIlyin

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 5:52 am

It took Vilkas very little time to spot him, while he would usually let Aerina do some of the heavy handed stuff, knowing she could be carrying his cubs, heavy lifting wasn't on her list of things to do today, or any other day until he knew the facts. He walked right up to the priest and his hey-how-are-ya? was literally his arms going around his throat tightly in a hold as he dragged him towards the back, he squeezed hard enough the guy would struggle for breath, but not enough he'd pass out.

"I am hardly surprised, he has tried to rid you of your memories, thinking that your heart would also forget. If you truly loved me, then I think he is wrong." Theo said, maybe she didn't know it yet and that was just fine because she was confused. "I have our letters here, would you like for me to read them to you as well? Also, if you look there, just there..." Theo said and pointed to the graveyard, a pang of pain shot through his heart as he did, "this is where we had our first date. We sat and ate while looking at the stars. It was really quite wonderful."

"So then," Farkas said, handing Briar a handkerchief for his face. No way had Briar been that vicious and not made a mess. "Now you're fed and satisfied on this, what do you want to do next? We must tred carefully, of course."

Saria giggled, "she has so many men who want her, yet she only wants one and he doesn't want her in return, so I've felt from our hugs. Which means she is feeling that way, but I don't honestly believe that. Do you? Love is always so complicated, it can never just be...easy."

Mistery had easily captured Sidd's attention and he had easily tried to overpower her on his own. She had pretended that was the case, letting him have part of what he wanted. She was now chained to a wall, her clothing stripped of her, but for Sidd all he could see was Theo.

He hadn't hurt the guy yet. He was pacing too and throw in front of his enemy. "You came here to steal her from me again, didn't you? I know you had something to do with my man's death as well." He spat at Theo.

Mistery chuckled she couldn't herself. "I think you can pin that on the leader of the Darkbrotherhood. She came in the night and seduced your man, finding out information about how a limp dick man like you cannot win a woman fairly and so trickery had to be used. He'd wanted her so badly and he'd given away much in his last moments."

"Not true!" Sidd spat, knowing that Helvard would have been faithful until the end. But perhaps his little snippits had been enough for the assassin to figure out the rest. A dumb prostitute may not have understood his words, but Mistery would have. Shit.

"Oh but it is." Mistery drawled, her voice to him sounding like Theo's. She locked eyes with the man who had wanted to kill her. "That is why you hate me though, right?" Her laugh was cold. "Because I made her fall for me under the stars with simple conversation and a tiny kiss. But you showered her in gifts and trinkets and it never once encouraged her to feel anything more than disgust for you."

With that Sidd had his hand on her throat and he was trying to rid the man he hated from life by squeezing hands. He shook him too, bashing his head against the wall. But the laugh that continued from him realised it wasn't enough. That would never be enough.

Something inside his mind had snapped, even if he was a lazy man he knew it wouldn't have been satisfying if this had to be done by another. By his own hands was the only way. What happened next was entirely gruesome and twisted. But with every plunge of the knife, every brisk form of skin contact Mistery got the energy she needed even as it was drastically being dragged from her body.

But finally she slipped from the chains and lunged onto the disgusting, pathetic man before her and pinned him down to the floor. "I had been going to give you a quiet death, one that people wouldn't question. For the harm you've put upon my unofficial daughter, her beloved elf and my family in general, I am going to make you suffer!" She snarled at him as her guise of Theo finally slipped away leaving him with the site of a full succubus, wings and all crushing him from his chest.

His scream was quickly drowned out though, as his tongue was one of the first things to go. Usually, she was slow with these things but Thorn didn't have time for her to enjoy this on top of everything else. Nothing was left of the man but his head and upon his forehead the symbol of the dark brotherhood shone like a beacon, she wanted the people of Falkreath to know who their savior had been. She wanted them to know full well.

Some of his previous loyal people may try and harm her, she thought as she lay on the cold stone ground of his dungeons. But honestly she'd let them, blood trickled quite quickly from her wounds, but she could do nothing but breathe. She wasn't scared though, not of death's icy grip, because even if so many things confused her in life, there was one certainty she had....

"You won't let me die will you, my love?" She said in a very quiet prayer to the only man who would ever mean anything to her as she drifted in and out of consciousness. Her tone so soft, it was almost as if Astrid had returned to the forefront and wouldn't be leaving anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Lace
Admin
Lace

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 8:52 am

Aerina didn't mind Vilkas doing some of the physical work of the job at hand. She just watched him and quietly followed after him. "What are you doing here, priest?" she asked once they were outside, away from any prying eyes.

"Siddgeir did this to me?" Thorn asked. That's what he'd just said. She hadn't known. He was only person she'd really had any interactions with since she'd woken up. She hadn't liked him but she hadn't thought that he would have been the one to take her memories away. That was very disturbing for her. Her knees felt a little weak, which wasn't surprising considered how much Sidd had weakened her body in an attempt to weaken her resolve on leaving him. She looked where Theo was pointing. She could see the large cemetery from the balcony quite clearly. "A graveyard for a date?" she asked. "Because we're vampires?"

Briar wiped his face clean of the blood that covered it. He was quiet while he did, just thinking about what he could do. "If Mistery has let herself be captured by Sidd then he'll be distracted by her. I don't know how easily Theo will be able to get my sister out of the castle. Or how easily he'll be able to convince her of their relationship. I think we should provide them back up, from a distance. For now. My sister is weak. She is not her strong self. And Theo doesn't look like the way he did when they last spoke either."

"No, I don't think it can be easy at all," Mikki said unhappily. Her love life wasn't easy. And neither was anyone else's that she knew of. "Oh, here we are." She got into the house and started lighting all the candles with her magic.

Time froze in the room she was in. Slowly, her wounds started to undo themselves as the time on her body went backwards. Soon enough there were no wounds at all. She had been right. Akatosh would not let her die.
Back to top Go down
AthyIlyin
Admin
AthyIlyin

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 9:21 am

The priest made gasping sounds, but nothing else. Vilkas let up a bit, ripping the hood from his head and gripping his hair. "The lady asked you a question, I suggest you answer, fucker." He said in a growl, becuase he wasn't having any skirting around the topic.

"Just a..." The priest tried to breathe again in the moments repast he'd been given. "A check up on the Jarl's new wife." He said with the most amount of honesty they'd get from him.

"No," Theo laughed, but he wasn't surprised she'd assumed that. "Because you are. I'm an elf." He explained, "I dress differently. I guess."

"Good idea." Farkas said as he headed towards the hold in Falkreath. "Hopefully he can get her out okay."

Saria instantly got to work about putting things onto cook in the kitchen. She wiped down tables and fixed any cobwebs as she went. "This house is pretty lovely," she said, considering it was one you put together yourself.

Mistery felt hot tears fall down her cheeks as she lay there on the cold floor. She was relieved, though only a tiny bit surprised. It didn't take her long to get up and get her stuff and wobble towards the exit.
Back to top Go down
Lace
Admin
Lace

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 9:37 am

"I see," Aerina said. "We sort of figured as much. But here's the thing you're obviously missing: the jarl's new wife is very well protected. She's got the Companions, the Dark Brotherhood, the vampires and the daedra all watching over her and making sure no one messes with her. And if they do, well, they don't get to keep their body and soul intact for very long. You understand? So I suggest, if you value any part of yourself, you'll stop checking up on her and leave her alone. Otherwise, one or more of those groups are going to get a little...testy."

"Oh..." Thorn said quietly. His laugh startled her. Her thoughts were all over the place and while he'd broken that, she didn't feel any more secure. "I'm sorry...I need a moment." She fled into her room and sat down one of the large chairs. Her legs felt unsteady. Her hands were shaking. And she couldn't wrap her mind around what was going on. Her husband had erased her memory. But she loved another. Why had she married the man then? And why would he resort to such drastic means to try and get her to love him? She didn't understand. Not any of it.

"They're not going to find the Jarl dead right away. They will still be acting under the orders that Theo is to be captured or killed and my sister is to remain locked in her room, I'm sure. I don't want to go around killing people just yet though. The Jarl isn't well loved. They might turn towards my sister once he is dead and I can't deprive her of allies in this place for the time to come. But...Hm..." He just shrugged. Briar wouldn't know what to do until he got there.

"I don't think she uses it as much but it is nice," Mikki said. She got to cleaning off a large table and set up the food there, using magic to keep it hot and cold as needed. She started cleaning one of the bedrooms after that and set it up for medical in case that was needed as well.
Back to top Go down
AthyIlyin
Admin
AthyIlyin

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 10:28 am

"She is under protection, always." Vilkas growled into the man's ear. "So go home and tell your friends." He said, gripping him a little bit longer. "We won't tolerate you or others of your kind around here." He said, Vilkas didn't think he was being all that intimidating, but apparently he just was. Because the guy pissed himself. "Gross," he said and shoved the priest away from him.

Theo followed her though, "we do not have a moment my love," he said as he followed her and knelt in front of her. He took a letter he'd written to her and placed it on her knees. But from memory, he recited it to her. "My dearest darkest rose,

I miss you so, it hurts me to know you are wedded to another. You must sleep beside him. Hold him and pander to his ego.

You married him in front of the entirety of our friends and your beloved Falkreath and that kills me also.

He will always be known as the man who had you first and me as just the man who picked up the pieces of another man's widow.

I would not have married you in front of the world to see you as my trophy.

I would not have broadcasted to the world that I find you to be my most beautiful acquisition. (though it would be true.)

I would not have locked you away from your friends, family and beloved Falkreath as he has.

I would have married you in the graveyard that we so love. Surrounded by the most beautiful black and red roses.

I would have only invited our friends, so it was small and intimate. Because it is not the finery of the wedding that makes a marriage.

I would not have married another knowing my feelings for you and while that makes me a little bitter and angry, I find myself pining for you so sincerely.

My only wish is to love you, Thorn. Even though I am hurt and angry. I would forgive you in a blink of an eye, if you just came to me and said you wanted to try.

Because I am weak and breaking without you. I am a strong man and I have been through worse, but I find this is too much to carry alone.

Please, come back to me soon.

T" He was quiet as he let that sit in the air. "I didn't realise, really, that I would again be begging you to come back to me so soon after I wrote this letter." He said, his emotions getting the better of him and his eyes filled with tears. "Oh my dearest, darkest rose..." He said, putting his head on her knee as he cried. "What has he done to you? To us?"

Farkas moved fast though, because he was big but not slow. "We have some time, but not enough. I only hope Theo is making progress." He nodded, but he caught sight of a very, very naked Mistery wobbling on her feet. Though she was unharmed, it was obvious she was shaken. He didn't ask, he whipped off his own shirt and pulled it over her head before lifting her. "Sidd?" He asked.

"He lost his head," Mistery said with a very dark, but shaky laugh.
Back to top Go down
Lace
Admin
Lace

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 10:42 am

Aerina made a face of disgust. She echoed her lover's ew. She even shoved the man away from them even more with her boot. "Well, that was easy," she said to Vilkas. "I'm kind of sad. It would have been fun to kill someone right now." She wanted that release of anger on a deserving party. She didn't like being denied but best if he delivered the message to his fellow priests that Thorn was off limits.

Thorn felt tears well up in her eyes. She could hear the sincerity of his words. He truly loved her. And it seemed that she had loved him as well. "I'm sorry..." She was so quiet. She placed her hand on top of his head. His blonde hair was silky soft. "I don't know why I've hurt you so. But I am sorry that I have."

"And you lost your clothes," Briar stated. He did not offer his own. They wouldn't have fit her. He was not a very large man. Not like Farkas. The warrior's clothes would fit her like a tent but they would fit. "Are you unwell?"
Back to top Go down
AthyIlyin
Admin
AthyIlyin

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 11:10 am

"Now what?" Vilkas said, because they hadn't expected it to be that easy really. "We didn't plan on it being that easy..."

"You did it for Falkreath and I forgive you for it." Theo said truthfully. "Nothing has changed for me, I had wanted you to meet me before this happened. But I wanted you to remain here until after the plot was done. So you could have Falkreath saved from an evil man. If we stay here, you must be prepared to do this. You must remember, my love. Because soon they will find his body, then it will be mayhem and you will have to be the leader."

"I'm just... No, Akatosh healed me." Mistery said which is why she was surprised. "He ruined my clothes. Sidd did."

Farkas growled protectively. "I'm so glad he's dead." he rubbed his hands against her arms to warm her. He understood why she was shaken. She had come close to death and her love had saved her, opening more wounds that were harder to heal.
Back to top Go down
Lace
Admin
Lace

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 11:29 am

"I don't know," Aerina said. "He was supposed to be a little harder to crack. Let's just....uh..." She really wasn't sure what to do. "I want to storm the castle and steal Thorn away. But I think that would kind of mess things up for her...Especially as she has no idea who I am and you apparently scare the literal piss out of people."

"You killed him?" Thorn asked, aghast. Okay, yes she had apparently married a very bad man to apparently save the Hold. He had erased her memory to keep her from the man she actually did love. It made sense if he had killed the guy. But she was still shocked.

"Well there goes my fun for the night," Briar said unhappily. He'd wanted a piece of the guy. But there wasn't anything but pieces. He sighed. He was so unhappy. He looked up at the castle. His sister was probably still in there.
Back to top Go down
AthyIlyin
Admin
AthyIlyin

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 7:01 am

"I don't mean too," Vilkas laughed, maybe it was just that he was a protective male. Who was built like a mini mountain. Perhaps. "I don't think it's my fault, I think people just aren't as sturdy as they used to be any more."

Theo chuckled and shook his head, "not I, no. Mistery, your almost mother but not quite did. The lady who was bringing you the letters, not that you remember. I am sure that he had the chance to torture her as she looked like me. So I don't feel bad."

"I didn't really..." Mistery touched Briar's jaw softly. "I am very sorry, but after the things he did I lost my temper. I had wanted to leave the final blow for you." She would have too. "Forgive me?"

Farkas looked at Briar, his next words would show much of the boy and perhaps of the man he would become.
Back to top Go down
Lace
Admin
Lace

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 10:38 am

"I can't imagine why that would be," Aerina said. "The land hasn't become any more forgiving. With the war and all, it's worse."

"Torture you?" Thorn asked. She felt sick. "What do I do now that he is dead?" She didn't understand why Sidd would take her memories. It left her feeling weak, vulnerable and confused. She had no idea what was going on. And her heart wouldn't love a man she had despised before. He must have been crazy or desperate to think that she would fall for him.

Briar frowned just a little bit but his expression softened some. "Yeah, he said. He didn't think she would have let him torture her. He didn't know why she'd gone along with it to that point. He just shrugged. "What's done is done, I guess."
Back to top Go down
AthyIlyin
Admin
AthyIlyin

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 11:47 am

"Maybe people just know that death is a possibility and rather than ignore it, they embrace it and give it a healthy dose of fear." Vilkas mused but that wasn't a definite thing.

Theo looked at Thorn. He saw her lips moving and realised she was talking to him, but all he could think about was how happy he was. He would finally get to be with her. His eyes focused on her lips for a moment. "Forgive me," he whispered and then kissed her softly.

Mistery was self destructive sometimes and a lot wild. She did stupid things for no good reason and she couldn't explain it if she tried. She'd get better, over the years as her life settled. But currently...she was not fully here, nor there. She just existed. "Thank you," she said softly to Briar.

Farkas chuffed softly, meaning he was proud of Briar. He had every right to refuse her forgiveness but he'd chosen the good path and let her have it.
Back to top Go down
Lace
Admin
Lace

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 12:44 pm

"He's serves one of the worst daedric princes. You'd think he'd have more spine," Aerina said. "Oh well. Let's track down your brother. I doubt he had a hard time with the dawn guard. I doubt they sent their best just to scout."

A spark passed between them with that kiss. Thorn felt a warmth spread from her chest to the rest of her body. Images flashed in her mind. Images of the two of them together. The majority of her memories had not returned, though they were free now to do so. But her memories of him, of them together, came back with such swiftness that it left her feeling light headed. She broke off the kiss, moving her head back a little to look into his eyes. He was not dressed in the same manner and style as her Theo did. "Theodwin?"

Briar gave them both an odd look, as if he had no idea what was going through either of their heads. "What did you think I was going to say?"
Back to top Go down
AthyIlyin
Admin
AthyIlyin

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 1:41 pm

"I would think so," Vilkas said, they were to be meeting at Mistery's house in the town. "Lead the way, lover."

Theo's face was so full of relief as he looked at her. The recognition was finally there." Oh, Thorn. I'm so glad you're back..."

"I thought you'd feel as though your blooded sister had been hurt and revenge was yours and yours alone." Farkas said, meaning he didn't expect immediate forgiveness.

"I just feel guilty. I should have let you have the right. But I don't always think ahead in those situations. I like to mentally fuck with people too, you know?" Mistery said with a chuckle as Farkas approached her house. "I can walk now, no need to worry the girls."
Back to top Go down
Lace
Admin
Lace

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 1:50 pm

Aerina looked up at the castle. She hated to walk away without knowing how Thorn and Theo were doing. But they had to for now. "This way," she said and lead him through the streets and out of town.

"I'm so sorry," Thorn said as she embraced him. "I don't really remember much. But I remember you. I remember us." She was do relieved to be with him once more.

Briar wanted to roll his eyes. He didn't think that he was that demanding or that difficult. "I am disappointed," he admitted. "Nothing to be done about that now." He looked at the little house. It didn't look like much, sitting out there in the middle of nowhere. But it was quiet and away from prying eyes. That's what they needed right now.
Back to top Go down
AthyIlyin
Admin
AthyIlyin

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 9:11 am

Vilkas followed duitifully, but he wanted to be at the castle as much as she did. "Perhaps your mother has already returned and has news for us." He said hopefully, they would at least know something then and be able to plan further.

"That's enough," Theo said, because with remembering him, she must remember her love of Falkreath and what had happened between them to get this far. So she would know how to finish this. "I cannot stay for long, because when someone comes here to tell you of your husbands death, you can't be found with another man in your chamber. It would compromise you." But he didn't want to let her go. He didn't want to leave.

Mistery's house wasn't really small, in comparison to a castle...perhaps. But it was probably considered a mansion, in Skyrim terms. Not that she knew that it had been thought of that way, she would have laughed about it. She didn't use it much, it was not one of her favourite homes to be in. Too large and too much empty space for her on her own.

Farkas let her down, so she could let herself in. Saria was there, checking her over. "Mikki! Your mother has returned." She said cheerfully as she set up the tables with bowls. "Are you all hungry? We have made food. And drink."

Farkas shrugged, because he wasn't sure if he was feeling it. But he didn't want to be rude either.
Back to top Go down
Lace
Admin
Lace

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 9:25 am

"I hope so," Aerina said and hurried along. She wanted to know that everyone was back and that Thorn had been rescued. Of course, to her, enough was enough. Thorn needed to be back with them where she was safe. As long as Siddgreid was dead, Falkreath should be good. But she knew that wasn't necessarily the case. There were no more from that family available. It might start a fight over who got Falkreath and the Nord that won could be just as bad, if not more so, than Siddgreid. So Thorn had to stay. But Aerina didn't like it.

Thorn shook her head. "I do not wish to be parted with you," she said unhappily. Siddgreid was dead. She had to play her role but her heart just wasn't in it anymore. She wanted to be with Theo. She didn't want to wait months before she was able to see him again.

Mikki emerged from where she'd finished setting up the little infirmary. She'd also made sure the bedrooms were available for people to pile into to spend the rest of their night. "Mother! Where are your clothes?" she asked in surprise.

Briar didn't want food. He wasn't even going to pretend to be polite about it. He'd fed. But he slapped Farkas' arm in a guy way. "Go eat. I'm sure you have to eat a ton of food to maintain your mass."
Back to top Go down
AthyIlyin
Admin
AthyIlyin

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 9:39 am

"Same," Vilkas said and took Aerina's hand to squeeze it softly. She needed the support and he could tell by how her face gave away that she was deep in thought. "I got you," he said to her, a very simple statement, but it held a lot of meaning.

"I know, I know you were willing to run from here with me. But if we do that, how can I marry you as I had said? In the graveyard, surrounded by roses of black and red." Theo said, trying to reassure her. "I will not wait months to see you, but I will find an excuse to be here with you at your side. Regardless of what that will be. I cannot be apart from you longer than a night."

"They're in the armory," Mistery said with minor sass as she pointed to the room that held her clothes. Clothes, meant in the loosest fashion of the word, really. "Would you like to come help me pick out a new set?"

"Nah, I'm good." Farkas said, his stomach was all over the place and he felt like he couldn't grind his teeth together to make the food swallowable. "Drink though, yes?"
Back to top Go down
Lace
Admin
Lace

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 9:53 am

Aerina smiled up at him. "I know you do," she said and squeezed his hand. "I'm sorry. I know I was being all in my head." She was relieved when the house came into view. The lights were on but she didn't know if that meant that her mother was there or if it was just Mikki and Saria.

"If it's only a night..." Thorn had no idea how they were going to be together. But perhaps their friends would come up with a solution. Or she would once she had enough of her memories together to remember who exactly their friends were and what it was she needed as the new Jarl of Falkreath.

"Sure," Mikki said. She knew her mother had a very loose definition of clothing because she was a succubus. Sometimes Aerina was not any better. But she could never wear anything that revealing. She just wouldn't feel comfortable.

"Sure, let's get wasted," Briar said. "Although, for me that would take a lot..." He had a very high tolerance because of his father. The man acted like a constant drunk but he functioned amazingly well.
Back to top Go down
AthyIlyin
Admin
AthyIlyin

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 9:59 am

"Nah, I get it. Just didn't want you to think I didn't care." Vilkas said, because he did. Of course he did. Plus he was just as worried. "I didn't even know there was a house here..." He admitted then, there hadn't been, less than six months ago.

"I will visit you as often as I can and I will find a way to be here. It'll be okay, my love. I promise. But Falkreath needs you now," Theo said and kissed her again, then another time. It was a struggle for him to leave. "If you like, I will return to you before dawn. Perhaps your people leave you alone during the daylight hours?"

Mistery smiled, glad that it had worked. She found Mikki to be all sorts of adorable. She put her arm around her daughters shoulder. "You can pick actual clothes too, if you like. Not slutty ones." She said as she lead the way and opened the door for them both.

"Well, I am not cursed by any amount of tolerances by a father or otherwise." Farkas said, because sometimes being drunk was a blissful and amazing experience. "You can suck by yourself in that regards."
Back to top Go down
Lace
Admin
Lace

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:35 am

"Well Mom has houses all over the place," Aerina said. "I haven't been to this one all that much. There's a smaller one that she likes to use more when she's not at the castle with us. Or in Jorrvaskr. Or the College..." She went inside and looked around.

"Hopefully," Thorn said. "I am not sure what will be required of me now that Siddgeir is dead. But they are aware of what I am and allow me to nap during the day as I need. So far..." She just wasn't sure of anything. Everything except for him.

"Oh wow," Mikki said. "How unexpected. I'm going to make you look so pretty!" She was all excited about that. She got to dress her mom not like...a succubus. "Do you even have normal clothing?" she asked.

Briar shrugged. "It's more of an adventure if I can last longer anyway. Means I actually get to remember the mischief I caused. Not that I can really do that with this group..." He was so bummed out. He wanted to do something worse than what had been done to the Dawnguard. But there was no one left. Assuming that Theo hadn't fucked everything up, he had nothing to do now and he was just itching to do...something...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Love Turns Sour   When Love Turns Sour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Love Turns Sour
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next